Sunday, April 19, 2009

PINC Tea - Concert in the Car Park

I've discovered an interesting organisation that's been operating in the Netherlands for quite some time under the leadership of Peter van Lindonk. I only really got to know what they do when I bumped into Peter on a tram at the excellent LIFT-09 conference in Geneva. It turns out they have been organising a one day conference called PINC (People, Ideas, Nature & Creativity) for the last 10 years. They hold them in Zeist, a town right in the centre of the Netherlands. Around 500 people attend to get away from it all and focus, at least for a day, on something completely different.

PINC has now started to organise spin-off events, with the same basic idea, but this time in a different location. I was invited to attend a PINC Tea on April 9th. Until a few days beforehand, we were only told it would be in Barendrecht, a suburb of Rotterdam. 24 hours before the event we got an address and a map, pointing to a car park next to a playing field. PINC is strict about timing on all of its events. Be there by 1410 said the e-mail. I heard there were roadworks on the way, so I left a bit early. In the end, I was too early - arriving at 1330. I remembered the tripod was in the back of the car, so made a spontaneous decision to film what happened next.


PINC Tea - Concert in the Car Park from Jonathan Marks on Vimeo.

No comments:

ShareThis